News Article 2021

 Home / News / 2021

May 14 2021, David R Brown

IMCD Colombia expands into new markets through the acquisition of Siliconas y Químicos

IMCD N.V., a leading global distributor of speciality chemicals and ingredients, have announced that their subsidiary IMCD Colombia have acquired the Colombian speciality distributor, Siliconas y Químicos S.A.S. The transaction will take place in two tranches, with IMCD acquiring 80% of Siliconas y Químicos' share capital with immediate effect and the remaining 20% in 2022.

We are delighted to further expand our presence in Latin America with the acquisition of Siliconas y Químicos

Marcus Jordan
President of IMCD Americas

“We are delighted to further expand our presence in Latin America with the acquisition of Siliconas y Químicos,” said Marcus Jordan, Americas President, IMCD. “The company's strategy of being "Specialists in Specialities"' closely aligns with IMCD and its expertise in personal care, coatings, silicones and other speciality industrial markets perfectly complements our existing pharmaceuticals, food and nutrition business in Colombia.”

Based in Bogotá, Siliconas y Químicos has experienced steady growth since its inception in 2000, generated a revenue of USD 9 million in 2020 and adds 25 employees to the IMCD Colombia team. Siliconas y Químicos is ISO 9001:2015 certified and operates across Colombia with strategic outsourced warehouse locations. The company's key markets include personal care, coatings, adhesives & sealants, detergents and household and industrial cleaners.

“It is an exciting time to be part of IMCD's growth journey in Latin America,” said Pilar Castellanos Pineda, General Manager, Siliconas y Químicos. “I am very grateful to our former shareholders for their support in developing a company built on transparency, entrepreneurship and partnership, with a focus on talent development for the future. I look forward to providing our customer and supplier partners an even broader offering, knowing that we share these common core values with a leading global distributor that is IMCD.”

About IMCD N.V.
IMCD is a market-leader in the sales, marketing and distribution of speciality chemicals and food ingredients. Its result driven professionals provide market-focused solutions to suppliers and customers across EMEA, Asia-Pacific and Americas, offering a range of comprehensive product portfolios, including innovative formulations that embrace industry trends. Listed at Euronext, Amsterdam (IMCD), IMCD realised revenues of EUR 2,774.9 million in 2020 with nearly 3,300 employees in over 50 countries on 6 continents. IMCD's dedicated team of technical and commercial experts work in close partnership to tailor best in class solutions and provide value through expertise for around 50,000 customers and a diverse range of world class suppliers.

Source(s): IMCD Press Release

Further Information